Friday, November 17, 2017

Constant Speed

I've decided to convert my O-320-B2C to constant speed. There are several thread on it and I think I have a plan for the conversion...

The conversion is covered clearly in Lycoming's Service Instruction 1435. It's a pretty involved process. Also there's a great thread on VAF where someone did exactly what I'm about to do here...


engine's neck oil fitting
I have purchased a Hartzell 72" propellor used 200hrs on an O-320 RV-4;
Hub: HC-C2YL-1BF
Blade: F8468-12 (72" factory) 
It has 7/16" prop bolts, which match my flange lugs.

- Grind the prop flange lugs to match the new prop (see the VAF thread)
- Have the crank guy swap the covers while he's yellow tagging it (Per Lyc. SI 1435) 
- Install the fitting in the neck
- Install the governor pad adapter and gear
- Fabricate or buy the prop oil line
- Open the firewall footwell recess required for a CS RV-4
- Install the governor (I've got a line on several)
- Install a vernier prop control and bracket

No comments:

Post a Comment